Over the last couple of years Field's Car Centre have run very successful ladies nights. Many ladies have attended these evenings and have been involved in changing wheels, topping up levels and jump starting a car. It was suggested by many who came that a 'Hints and Tips' page would be very helpful on our web site. So here it is... it will be regularly updated so check again soon.
Hints & Tips:
Car insurance is one of those costs that keep going up and up, here are a few tips on how to keep the costs under control.
1) Add someone else onto your insurance policy. It can reduce your premiums by as much as £200
2) Some insurance companies aren't listed on comparison websites so make sure you try other companies like Direct Line, you may get a nice surprise as they often give 10% off to new customers.
3) Combine your policies - some companies will give you discounts of up to 20% if you have your home insurance with the same company.
4) Ask - Yes that's right, ask the insurance company what discounts they give - be cheeky it could save you £££££
A few things you can do yourself -
- Make sure you have screen wash in your windscreen washer bottle, it's easy to top up. Identify the washer bottle from your car handbook. Add a cap full of screen wash per litre of water. Remember an empty washer bottle is an MOT failure!
- Locking wheel nut key. This is a large steel nut that is needed to remove alloy wheels from a car. If you have alloy wheels then it is important that you know where it is! If in doubt past by fo rus to check.
- Have you got Air Conditioning in your car ? It's advisable to use it all year round. Switching it onto hot on a cold frosty morning will clear the misted windscreen in a matter of seconds.
- When checking your oil level, make sure the engine is cold and that your car is on level ground.
BEST TIP - Remember there is always a trained member of staff available at Field's Car Centre to answer any of your motoring questions free of charge. Please feel free to give us a call or drive by.
Our other promotions
4 x 4 SERVCING AND REPAIRS
Audi, Bmw, Landrover, Volvo, Jeep, Mitsubishi, Lexus, Merc, Isuzu, VW, Toyota. - find out more >>
98% Good Garage Scheme 5*rating
Read our customer comments - find out more >>
Come in for your MOT in Woking
Book online 24/7
£54.85 - all re-tests are FREE. - find out more >>
Field’s Guide To Car Jargon - find out more >>
FREE - Home Start - find out more >>
Hybrid Cars Servicing in Woking - find out more >>
Motabilty cars from Fields Car Centre - find out more >>
We carry out servicing & repairs to all makes including 4x4 and Hybrid cars. - find out more >>